Dear Friends of Sant’Anselmo,
I would like to inform you of our upcoming Jubilee celebration, to commemorate the 125th anniversary of the foundation of the Benedictine Confederation. I would like to invite all participants to the following important events:
- Audience with Pope Francis on Thursday, 19 April at 12 p.m. A reception will follow at Sant’Anselmo.
- Academic Symposium on the morning of Friday, 20 April at Sant’Anselmo with Abbot Jeremy Driscoll, O.S.B., on the topic of sapiential learning.
- Jubilee Mass on Saturday, 21 April at 11 a.m., with a festive lunch to follow at Sant’Anselmo.
All participants must complete the Jubilee Registration form by no later than Saturday, 31 March 2018. Please note that due to the large number of people involved in these events, each participant must arrange his own housing in Rome, including airport and city transportation. Possible opportunities include:
- Badia Sant’Anselmo. The number of rooms available is limited and offered on a first-come, first-serve basis. Click here to email our Guestmaster.
- Hotel San Anselmo or Hotel Aventino. A special price is available for participants, however rooms are not being held for us. Click here for the Aventino Hotels Group website.
- Prepaid airport shuttle service may be reserved online through AirPortShuttle. Private transfer service is recommended.
Any participant who needs a visa for travel to Italy should take care of this requirement promptly. Receiving a Visa Invitation Letter does not guarantee a visa. If you require a visa, please click the button below to enter your information:
For more information, contact the Curia via e-mail by clicking this link. We look forward to welcoming you to Rome for this great and festive Jubilee celebration!
Fraternally in Christ,
Right Reverend Gregory J. Polan, O.S.B.